It is with great excitement that we have reached a stage of growth and are consciously wanting to approach the process with a holistic and inclusive strategy. The African Bush Camps Foundation is, therefore, on the search for additional new Board Members in 2019 to ensure we have the capacity and skills to oversee the next phase of our work.
The African Bush Camps Foundation is on the search for additional new Board Members in 2019 to ensure we have the capacity and skills to oversee the next phase of our work. While the roles are unpaid voluntary positions, this is an opportunity to guide and direct a dynamic team who are passionate about making meaningful social and environmental impact. Reasonable expenses are paid. Board members are expected to attend 3 board meetings per year, but also to participate in the life of the organization between board meetings, engaging with the staff team contributing their valuable experience in their field and acting in an ambassadorial role for the Foundation. Board positions are advertised for a max period of 2 years (term may be renewed).
The roles, and skillsets we’re seeking include:
* Finance, Resource Mobilization, Tourism, Enterprise Incubation, Social Work & Education, Community Development, Marketing & Media, Conservation
* Understanding of equalities and diversity issues
* Experience of charity/not for profit finances and accounting (for Treasurer role)
* Fundraising (e.g. from individuals, partnerships with business and/or civil society organizations, EU funding and/or sales of goods and services)
* Policy influencing in conservation and development work (analysis, formation and/or framing)
* Expertise & knowledge in Conservation and Environmental issues or environmental campaigning
* Ability to understand and interrogate financial reports and risk management skills
* Full board compliment will represent knowledge and experience of community and conservation dynamics covering Zimbabwe, Botswana and Zambia
If you feel inspired by our work and feel as though you have the skills/experience to help guide us going forward, or know of anybody who would, please do apply and/or share with them.